My friend who is a tax consultant stays in one of the Orlando apartments once came to me and asked what can be the possible problems in on renting a new apartment and what to do to overcome them. Then I said it is better to prepare some checklist of what to do and what not to do on renting an apartment. I will share that checklist of dont’s and don’ts on renting an apartment.
- See the apartment thoroughly
- Visit the neighborhood at various times of the day, night & weekend.
- Read the lease and be sure you understand it.
- Before you sign the lease, obtain a copy of any rules & regulations.
- Be sure that the landlord writes into the lease (and signs) any promised repairs.
- Keep a copy of the lease along with a copy of any additional rules/regulations.
- Know the rules concerning pets if you plan to have any.
- Be aware of any maintenance responsibilities if you are renting a house.
- Know what the penalties are for breaking a lease.
- Don’t sign a lease for more periods if you are going to rent for shorter periods.
- Don’t sign a lease without first seeing the apartment.
- Don’t sign a lease with an automatic renewal clause.
- Don’t sign a lease that gives the landlord unlimited access without notification unless in the case of an emergency should landlords be permitted to enter your apartment without notifying you first.
Apartment Balcony Decorating Tips
Apartment Vacancy Rates Increase With Unemployment
Home rental scams increase with desperate property owners
Helpful Tips for Moving Into First Apartment
Responsibilities as a Tenant
Fire Safety Begins in Your Own Apartment