Most of the time the dentists will have to increase the size of the jaw bone in the patients. The developments in bone grafting has made implant surgeries possible in cases which were not possible earlier. Increasing bone size for implants procedures can increase the cost of the treatment. In this article, we will discuss all about bone grafts.
Need for Dental Bone Grafting
Dental bone grafting is a surgical procedure to increase the size of the jaw bone. Bone grafting will be necessary
- Where there is insufficient jaw bone for placing implants
- The size of the jaw bone is very important for anchoring the implants and also ensure that it can withstand stress of chewing hard.
- The success or failure depends on the jaw bone.
- When the dentist is planning to carry out an extraction, thinking that bone grafting would help in filling gaps and preventing bone loss around it.
- Many dental procedures like dental implant surgeries require sufficient and healthy jaw bone.
Types of dental bone grafting procedures
Sinus lift procedures
In the posterior part of upper jaw (maxilla) bone, the space for dental implants is often insufficient. For increasing the jaw bone in maxilla, a sinus lift procedure involves placing bone graft material in the maxillary sinus. In some cases, the sinus lift procedure and placing of implants can be carried out as a single procedure for the patients.
Autogeneous bone graft (ABG) procedure
ABG involves using bone from another part of patients mouth mostly from the back of the lower jaw. This harvested bone is fixed to the site and is left to heal for up to four months placement of implants. The implants will take more three months to integrate with the new jaw bone.
Aveolar ridge preservation
The jaw bone’s only purpose is to support teeth. As a result when a tooth is lost the jaw bone starts shrinking unless it is replaced with another tooth. In this case, ridge preservation graft procedure can be performed. Sometimes, it is possible to place dental implants at the time of tooth extraction but is difficult in most of the cases. It may be usually because of presence of dental infection or the size discrepancy between the tooth that is extracted or lost.
Many people do not like visiting the dentist and some people are afraid of the very thought of going to the dentist in such a way that they get scared even when they require dental treatment. Dental anxiety is a common problem. About 15 – 20% of population avoid visiting the dentist due to the fear. This article discusses important points on what causes of dental anxiety in some people.
Causes of dental anxiety
Bad memories/past experiences
Even dental techniques that are advanced can not erase bad memories of dental visits in the past. A little amount of negative experience in their last visit or when they were in childhood can be a cause for the fear of visiting the dentist. What had happened during their last dental visit that caused them to fear seeing the dentist further? Painful, traumatic or prolonged treatment might be the reason for their unwillingness to pay a visit to the dentist future visit.
Many people are fearful and suffer anxiety at the sight of the needle. Some people even may faint because of this fear. Modern dentistry now has needles that are incredibly fine and cause little or pain. Moreover, new advances in dentistry include laser dentistry that often will not require novocaine. The drills used in dental treatment today are also advances so that there is less noise of the machine and little discomfort.
Sight, noise and smell
Our senses like sight, hearing and smelling are the powerful reminders of good and bad memories. At the sight of things like dental chair, instruments and waiting room can cause anxiety.
Noises like the dental drill, suction or compressor may be associated with the past painful dental experiences. Typically, smell is associated with the materials used in dental practice, usually the oil of gloves and cleaning disinfectants.
Fear of being lectured
Nobody would like to get lecture from the dentist regarding oral health especially when you ignore good oral hygiene practices like regular brushing and flossing. If this is actually the case, you will probably would be lectured by the dentist. Many people fear this lecture, and avoid seeing the dentist.
Cost of dental procedures is one of the major factors that prevent people from visiting the dentist. According to the study, 40-45% of people unwilling to visit dentists because they do not have dental insurance. High prices of dental procedures can also be the cause of dental anxiety in many people. Rinsing your mouth with mouthwashes should be added to your daily oral hygiene routine in order to keep your mouth healthy.
Hybrid vehicles have a battery pack, one or more electric motors, fuel tank, and an internal combustion engine. Means hybrid vehicles uses more than one form of on-board energy to run. Most of the people confused with hybrid cars and electric cars. Hybrid cars also use combustion fuel. Now we will see the features of hybrid cars.
- Regenerative braking: This one of the important features for the hybrid cars and important functions of the motor generator. When coasting downhill or slowing the wheels, the motor works as a generator and converts the energy into electricity. The energy is stored in battery. When the motor needs electricity, it draws from the battery. In case of traditional cars when you apply the brakes, the energy is converted into heat and throw-away. Regenerative braking system is one of the factors that make hybrid cars as fuel efficient.
- Electric motor: Motor generator is the correct term that needs the electric motor. It draws the electricity from the battery and provides supplemental acceleration. This assists the engine in hill climbing, passing or accelerating. In some vehicles, internal combustion engine is least efficient. In these cases at low speeds, driving conditions electric motor alone provides power. Several hybrid vehicles have two and a few have three.
- Battery: Hybrid vehicles are fitted with two types of batteries. Those are nickel metal hydride batteries and lithium ion batteries. Nearly in all the current hybrid vehicles, Nickel hydride batteries are using. But these are not efficiently enough when combined with plug-in use. Lithium ion batteries are enough for automotive usage and durable. These are the choice for the plug-ins and usage is increasing in conventional hybrid models. These are more energy-dense and lighter weight than nickel metal hydride.
- Idle off: In today’s hybrid vehicles’ engines starter motor is absent. The motor generator or the electric motor takes care of this function. The software in the hybrid vehicle shuts the engine off when it is idle, for example, stopped at traffic signals. When you release the brake pedal and press accelerator, the engine restarts automatically. The fuel waste elimination helps gas engine to get good mileage and drop the tailpipe emissions especially on city roads.
- Electric power: If the vehicle’s hybrid system has sufficient electrical capacity, we can operate it with electric power alone.
Since late 1990s, hybrid vehicles have been in the United States market. These vehicles are providing optimized fuel economy and giving a way to the automobile manufacturers to meet the requirements of proposed carbon dioxide emissions limits and Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE). The used hybrid vehicles market with low cost and fuel efficient vehicles is increasingly getting the attention of buyers.
For untrained and average drivers, it is very difficult or an impossible task to diagnose problems with the vehicle. If the problems are relating to the mechanical systems, they will exhibit noice and sensations. Those are the indicators that there is something wrong. There are several forms of transmission problems. Each symptom can might be a result of a number of reasons. Some of them need minor or adjustments and some needed extensive repairs.
- Burning smell: If you are getting a burning smell from the transmission fluid, it indicates the overheating of the transmission. Along with keeping lubricant of the transmission parts properly, the transmission fluid provides cooling to prevent burning the unit itself. In some vehicles, transmission has its own oil cooler or a mini radiator. It helps circulate heat away from the transmission unit. Common causes include inadequate/low transmission fuel and need to change.
- Refuse to go into gear: After engaging the clutch, the car is not shifting and trying to move the stick, you need to check for the fluid. The fluid is may not be in right level, or using unsuitable type of fluid or the shift cables/clutch linkage adjustment required. The computer system in the vehicle can also be a source for this problem. If you find that there is no problem with the fluid, try with resetting the system. For this, simply disconnect the battery for thirty minutes and then reattach. The system reset itself. If it is not working check with the mechanic.
- Fluid leaking or low: Leaking of the transmission fuel is one of the symptoms to identify. It should be repaired quickly. If you ignore the transmission fluid leaking, it will cause to break down of the vehicle transmission. When everything is working correctly, automatic transmission fluid smells little sweet, clear and in bright red. When you are checking automated transmission fluid if it is has burnt smell and in a dark color, you need to replace it. If it is not burnt up and the fluid level is low, it indicates that the fluid is leaking. Usually, manual transmission fuel checked through the fill plug but not with a dipstick.
- The dashboard light prompts to service engine soon or check engine. The light indicates for any problem with the engine but not only for the transmission.
- Grating, clanking, whistling, buzzing, screeching, knocking or clicking noises can make from rear or hood of the vehicle and may include low whine or a hum.
- Vehicle don’t move in reverse.
The transmission system is one of the complex mechanical systems in the vehicle. Its main role is applying of power to the drive-shaft from engine. Its interacting and moving components produce friction and heat. It makes more wear and tear than most other parts of the vehicle over time. If the symptoms of a problem are not checked or the transmission is not properly maintained, it will result in major issues.
It’s never a good time when headlights fail especially in nights. To know the approximate life period for your headlights is a good thing for you. The life time of the headlights depends on many factors. For example, if you drive always with turning on the bulbs of your car, they will burn out sooner than if you use them occasionally at night driving. The life of the bulb is also depends on its type. There are different types of headlights, now we will discuss them.
- High Intensity Discharge: The High Intensity Discharge (HID) bulbs use metal halide suspended in xenon gas. Its estimated lifespan is about two thousand hours. These bulbs use a ballast system. In this system, electricity passes between two arc points, and in between the gas excites. Xenon produces the light immediately when switched on. Other gases like argon take more than a few minutes to produce the light upwards. Benefit with HID systems is that the light produced depends on the electricity consumption. This system that produce more light by using less electricity in automotive applications.
- Light Emitting Diodes: Use of Light Emitting Diodes (LED) is less common. LEDs are seen little application in headlight market, but we can see them in accessory lights, tail, brake and signal light bulbs. Indeed, on this point there is no firm published the lifespan of the numbers. Very few European automakers are currently using this. Toyota used them in its Prius 2010 model. They claim that they will last longer than the HID system but they didn’t say how long it last. The common challenge with LED is dealing with heat at the back-end rather than the surface of the bulb. Arranging several LED units together as a pile and allowing them for a cumulative heat build up will shorten its life. With the vented headlight units and auxiliary fans, now manufacturers are dissipating that heat.
- Halogen headlights: These are based on the older style incandescent (filament based) bulbs, but are more efficient. The lifespan of a halogen bulb ranges from 450 hours to 1,000 hours. This much of range is due to its heat and efficiency. It produces the heat in great quantities and having less efficiency. In incandescent bulbs, the electricity is passes through a tungsten filament. The filament heats up by resistance electricity. As per physics, heat and light are essential to create the light.
The lifespan of a headlight is estimated by using a complex formula. It involves lumens, watts, voltage, and a few other factors. With the real world testing and each contributing factor combined, a value (an approximate number) is determined.
Excessive exposure to high amount of fluoride during tooth development (childhood) can result in staining of teeth. This condition is known as fluorosis. It is hard to see and can only be detected by dentist. This article discusses the causes, symptoms and the prevention of dental fluorosis.
- Stains that ranges from yellow to dark brown.
- Rough enamel that makes difficult to clean.
- Surface irregularities
- Pits that are clearly noticeable.
Severity of symptoms depends on the child’s age, bone growth, weight and diet.
The major cause of dental fluorosis is excessive exposure to fluoride. It happens when fluoride is used in an inappropriate way, like use of fluoridated toothpaste or mouthwashes. Moreover, children who suffer from fluorosis may have been exposed to multiple fluoride sources, like food water and excess toothpaste. Drinking water is the main source of fluorosis. If the water contains high amount of fluoride then there are more chances of getting affected by dental fluorosis.
The teeth of children above 8 years of age and adults cannot develop fluorosis.
In many cases, children develops fluorosis mostly by swallowing toothpaste. To prevent your child from this condition, follow these guidelines:
- Use only pea size amount of toothpaste
- Supervise when your child brush.
- In addition, make sure to teach them how to spit the toothpaste.
- Never let your child to brush his/her teeth more than twice.
- As an encouragement for spitting, avoid flavored toothpastes.
- Keep all fluoride products like toothpastes, mouthwashes and supplements out of reach of children.
If you talk to a loan officer, he/she will probably express as the lender they work for is the best and will give a list of reasons why. If you meet the same loan officer after some years and he works for a different lender, he will give you a list of reasons why the present type of lender is better. Real estate agents have differing opinions and, as a group, the realtors opinions have changed over time. In the past, most realtors often recommend portfolio lenders, because they always almost closed the deal. As time passed, mortgage brokers and mortgage bankers became more important, and agents switched along with the changes.
- Portfolio lenders: The portfolio lenders are usually banks and savings & loans institutions. These are tend to originate the loans for their own portfolio, but not for sell them in the secondary market. It is easy to qualify for a portfolio loan. They are often a lender of second resort for unqualified people for a fixed rate loan. The portfolio lenders can also serve as niche lenders, this is because of meeting more standardized underwriting guidelines of a mortgage is less important than certain things.
- Banks and savings & loans: The banks and savings & loans major strength is that easily recognize their name. Banks and savings & loans often operate as the portfolio lenders, but as lending world has changed, most of them also operate as mortgage bankers and in sometimes as brokers.
- Mortgage bankers: Normally, mortgage bankers are much better at promoting first time buyer programs, cooperating with the state and the local governments. These programs will have somewhat lower interest rates and costs than current market rate. To qualify for these programs, income must usually fall below a average (median) for the area and you must not have owned your residence for last three years. The mortgage bankers may have the problems just because they are too big or they may operate like as well oiled machines.
- Mortgage brokers: Generally, wholesale lenders use the mortgage brokers as their loan officers. Mortgage brokers also learn the hot points of various wholesale lenders and can handpick lender for borrower which may be unique in some way. The broker will be able to submit loan to either a mortgage banker or a portfolio lender. Another advantage with mortgage broker is, if loan gets declined for some reason, they simply repackage loan and submit to another wholesale lender.
Most often realtor will direct you to a specific loan officer, that who has a track record of reliability and service or a loan officer that who works for a specific lender affiliated with their real estate office. It is more important to choose good loan officer, rather than the institution. The loan officers have two jobs, one is to be as your advocate in getting the loan approved, and the other is quality loans deliver. As for the lending organizations, each type of lender has weaknesses and strengths. Quality within each office or branch can vary, depending on the support staff, loan officer, and a variety of other factors.
When you are planning to learn a new language, make your mind for facing challenges and sometimes handling frustrations, but surely it is a rewarding experience. Different techniques of learning work for different people and sometimes it will be beneficial to mix and match these techniques. In order to learn new language, make sure that you avoid making mistakes. With this in mind, here we will discuss the common mistakes and how to avoid them.
Mistakes to avoid when learning a language
1) Not giving yourself the right foundation
It is very essential to learn the basics of language you are learning. If you are getting in the wrong foot with the language, you probably are at the risk of developing bad habits which will be difficult to correct later. So, it is better to build and give yourself the right foundation. If this involves spending extra money and time, consider this an excellent investment and go ahead. This can be benefiting you for rest of your life.
2) Not focusing on pronunciation
All languages spoken depends on pronunciation for its meaning, to varying extents. In case of tonal languages, words get differentiated whether the tone rise or falls. Listen how the native speakers are pronouncing words when speaking. Notice the small differences in the language and correct yourself, thus your pronunciation will improve and benefit you. Moreover, people will find easy to understand you.
3) Translating concepts directly
Concepts are different in different languages. For instance; in English you ‘like it’ whereas in Spanish ‘it pleasures’ you. In English you ‘have arrived’ whereas in French you ‘are arrived’. These are the small differences but an important ones especially when you want to become fluent in language.
4) Being afraid of Grammar
It is important to understand grammar in order to speak the language fluently. Unless you study grammar, you may not know about the terms like adverb, pronoun and so on. This can be very daunting. But you cannot learn a language without learning its grammar. You need to understand what role the words play, thus using them and framing sentences accurately.
5) Not persisting
Often learning the first part of the language is the difficult one. Sometimes you get mentally strained when struggling to put sentences together. But persisting to learn language is rewarded. If you think that you are not good at some things, it is good idea for continuing to learn by which you are able to overcome difficulties.
People who have lost their teeth and feel that implants are the viable option generally are the candidates for dental implants. It is important for the patient to be in good health for having dental implants and may not be right for everyone. However, there are certain conditions that may affect your decision for having implants. In this article, we will discuss about the candidates suitable for dental implants.
Ideal Candidates for Dental Implants
Ideal candidates for dental implants must have:
- Healthy gums: As dental implants fuses with jawbone, it is necessary to have healthy gums for supporting implants. There are chances of implant surgery failure for the patients suffering from gum disease. Therefore, it is essential to get this treated first before planning for dental implant surgery.
- Good overall health: As dental implants require surgical process, it is important to be in a good health. Patients suffering from immune diseases such as diabetes, hypertension and who smoke and consume alcohol have less chances of success rate, as these conditions makes oral health poor thus affecting the healing process following dental implant surgery.
- Adequate jawbone: Implants fuses with jawbone in order to anchor tooth/teeth, adequate bone and its condition is one of the important requirements for the success of implant surgery. Moreover, if the patient does not have enough jawbone density, bone-grafting procedure can be performed for supplementing it.
Exclusions for Dental Implants
Dental Implants may not be a good option for some people, they are:
- People still developing jawbones.
- People who smoke – Smoking slows down the healing process, thus there are less chances of dental implants success.
- Pregnant women
- People with immune disease such as:
- Poorly controlled diabetes
- Connective tissue disease
- You can still be a good candidate for dental implants even if you are having one of these conditions; it depends on how severe the condition is.
- People consuming excess of alcohol that deprives them from following dentist’s instructions. These people are less likely to take good care of their teeth and gums.
- People taking some medicines like steroids/drugs that suppress immune system.
- People with bruxism (grinding and clenching of teeth). These habits put extreme pressure on the implants thus increasing the risk of failure.
Automakers are not interested to abandon their investments on internal combustion engines; even the US government is pushing auto manufacturers to make double the average fuel economy by the year 2025. They are turning towards electric and hybrid technologies to improve the fuel efficiency in gas cars. The electrical vehicles and the hybrids are developed to reduce the usage of the gasoline. To achieve this, the engineers are come up with efficiency in different technologies on several aspects. These are including new systems to conserve or create power, aerodynamic improvements, friction reduction, and weight reduction. By recognizing these vehicles improvements automakers are applying some of those improvements to traditional vehicles to achieve the national efficiency goals.
- Lightweight materials: The hybrid cars are building with lighter materials, it provides the advantage to get the gas mileage. If the car weight is heavy, it needs more energy, to generate energy it consumes more fuel. The light weighted cars needs lower energy and saves the fuel. The sports utility vehicles are weighing more and burns more fuel. The sports utility vehicles with hybrid option will give better gasoline mileage than gasoline burning versions. However, when compared with lightweight passenger cars, it is still low.
- Tires: Properly inflated tires will give good mileage for any vehicle. The hybrid cars also have the same principles. In addition to that, the hybrid vehicles tires are manufactured differently by using stiffer materials. The optimal tier pressure is higher in a hybrid car than a passenger car. It makes tire very efficient and conserve energy.
- Auto start and stop systems: Not to burn the fuel is the best way for better fuel economy. The auto start and stop system aid with that. The auto stop start system is a standard part of every hybrid car. When the engine is idle, the system shutdown the engine automatically. When the driver lifts off the clutch pedals or brake, or presses the accelerator engine immediately restarts. To do the job by start stop system in a hybrid car, lithium-ion or nickel metal hydride gives the power. These are large and expensive. Engineers make it to work on conventional vehicles with small lead acid batteries to get the fuel efficiency at lower cost.
- Regenerative braking system: Through the regenerative braking system, electric and hybrid cars make some energy. When the driver releases the throttle pressure or applies the brake pedal, the vehicle’s electric motor switch polarity and works as a generator. The hybrid vehicles use the power generated from regenerative braking system to run their electric motors.
There are even some other areas concentrated by the automakers to get the fuel economy on hybrid cars. Those are like reduce the drag by increasing aerodynamics, smaller gas tank, electrohydraulic brakes, etc.