If you are moving into your first apartment you might have not aware of what things you need to carry before stepping in. these small items are very important for you to place your things in place neatly. I am not simply sharing these tips. When I am moving into one of the apartments in Philadelphia I had to take all these items along with my carriers to easily settle down in my new apartment. I have learnt them to carry along from my earlier couple of apartment moves in Chicago and Miami.
A few things you can buy for your apartment are listed below:
- Cleaning supplies for bathroom use, kitchen use, and regular housekeeping use
- Broom, dust pan, mop, bucket, vacuum(if floors carpeted)
- Trash can for kitchen, bathroom, bed room
- Bathroom set which includes shower curtain, soap dish, toothbrush holder, trashcan, lotion holder, and most importantly a towel and washcloth set.
- Make sure you have enough washcloths, towels, etc. not only for yourself, but guests as well.
- Make sure you have plenty of toilet paper.
- You also need to get a matching kitchen set which should include dish cloth, dish towel, and if you prefer matching pot holder and glove.
- Get yourself a nice dishrack, silverware tray, and a few kitchen counter essentials that you can decorate the counter with.
- You can also get mats to put at front/back doors to keep yourself as well as guests from tracking dirt, mud, etc. into apartment. You can also get area rugs to place in rooms throughout apartment as well.Last but not least–if you would like, place a nice wreath on outside of door to make your home as inviting to guests as it is to you.
Whatever you decide make your apartment feel as much as home to you as you possibly can. Again, congratulations, and may your home say to you. Home Sweet Home!!!
Apartment Balcony Decorating Tips
Apartment Vacancy Rates Increase With Unemployment
Home rental scams increase with desperate property owners
Responsibilities as a Tenant
Fire Safety Begins in Your Own Apartment
Do’s & Don’ts on Renting an Apartment