Common Reasons for 404 Errors
404 errors are common and a major trouble for the e-commerce websites. Due to this the website revenue may come down and their will be a drop in the customer satisfaction.
So, as a website owner you must be aware of 404 errors that affects your website performance and the common reasons for getting those errors in your website. There are various other ways in which you can see or identify this 404 errors, some of them are listed below. Identify the type of the error and know what really causes 404 errors. This issue can be solved through proper website maintenance and regular monitoring.
Ways to recognize the 404 errors
404 errors can occur in any type of operating system and the browser and some of the common ways that you can easily identify or recognize the 404 errors are:
- 404 Error
- 404 Not Found
- 404 Page Not Found
- HTTP 404 Not Found
- Error 404 Not Found
- HTTP 404
- 404 File or Directory Not Found
A few common reasons for 404 errors in a website are:
- The problem with the website i.e., the website owner has not correctly linked pages internally or externally in the first place. Without proper linking the page doesn’t appears in the website when the users or visitors search for the page in the search engine and shows 404 errors.
- 404 errors also may occur due to the broken links or else when the requested page is removed or moved somewhere else by the webmasters.
- This may also occur as the result of just removing the resources like images, .css or .js or else other files from the server.
- This happens due to the visitors mistake, in manually typing the URL which doesn’t exist in the website.
- 404 errors occur when search engine crawlers try to access the generic web pages that your site doesn’t have.
- 404 errors may also result, when you doesn’t redirect the old URL.
There are also some of the advanced problems for 404 errors, which include .htaccess problems, SSL certificates not correctly configured and incorrect costume URL route etc. For identifying this advanced issues you must take the help of your web-hosting or website monitoring company or else if you are the host of your website then, you can identify this issue by your own and solve the issue for avoiding further complications.