Alternative Therapies for Wellness
To maintain wellness, there are many practices involved like yoga, meditation, acupuncture, massage, etc., that will help you promote physical and mental health. In this article, we will discuss some alternative therapies that are useful to maintain wellness.
- Yoga: This is practiced since ancient times. Yoga is not one technique. It involves various postures and types. Pranayama is the simplest and effective way to stay physically and mentally healthy. Different postures of yoga promote wellness. It is known to be effective to fight against conditions like BP, reducing cholesterol, gaining mental balance, healing indigestion problems. Etc.
- Acupuncture: This therapy involves usage of blunt end needles to activate some points in your body called ‘trigger points’. It helps in relieving pain due to some health conditions. Acupuncture can be done on face, scalp, body, ear, hand and foot. It will activate all senses due to pressure on trigger points. These trigger points will provide energy for better functioning of body.
- Aroma therapy: It is most popular in western countries. This therapy is done by using some essential oils which have smell. This smell creates a pleasant environment, improves your mood. Smell of this oil reaches directly to the brain and activates all parts of your body. Some people go for massage with these oils to refresh their body. Thus, aroma therapy improves your mental and physical health.
- Meditation: Meditation is not simply sitting at one place and closing your eyes. It has some specifications to follow, by which you can gain a lot of internal energy. This therapy relieves from stress, helps reduce some psychological effects, etc.
- Homeopathy: Effect is slow, but long lasting. It has less side-effects. This therapy will identify the root of the problem and cure the problem. Doses given are very small and chance of recurrence of problem is also very rare. Many health problems like thyroid, gas trouble, body pains, etc., and mental problems like stress, anxiety, depression, can be cured by homeopathy.
- Hypnosis: It is like taking a person to a virtual world or state of unconsciousness and identifying the problem. It is effective in dealing both physical and mental status of a person. Hypnosis is able to help people recover from habit of smoking, losing weight, insomnia (lack of sleep due to tensions).
- Massage: Massage is best to relieve from any type of pain. It gives a sense of relaxation. Body massage gives relaxation to muscles and body. Head massage relaxes you from stress.
Try these therapies that have no or less side-effects and promote overall wellness. Choose the one that suits you best to deal with your health status and improve your wellness.