Automation started initially for manufacturing, to produce goods but the impact of this has reflected to a wide range of industries that perform the tasks automatically and it helps increase their productivity and profitability.
Benefits of Automation are:
1. Automation systems perform the tasks beyond the capabilities of humans such as size, weight, speed and others.
2. Automation systems handle the time of work significantly.
3. Automation systems provide a good quality product using some specifications that are required in manufacturing the product and processing the product.
4. In the place of humans automation systems are used to do tasks in dangerous environments like fire, volcanoes and underwater.
5. Automation systems can accomplish the difficult and monotonous work that humans can’t do.
6. Automation ensures greater control and consistent quality of the product.
7. Automation systems deliver better output, reduce production costs.
To take care of production, development, deployment and functioning of the automated processes, some higher level jobs are provided to people.