Exercise not only contributes to healthier heart, but it also improves your body’s mental function. It makes your day more productive and energetic.
Importance of Exercise
- Improves your chances of living longer and healthier
Exercise helps in protecting you from developing any kind of heart disease or high blood pressure. It protects you from colon cancer, uterine cancer and breast cancer. It helps in preventing from osteoporosis (loss of bone).Exercise helps in losing weight. It helps in improving cognitive functions among adults. It helps in relieving symptoms of depression thereby improving mood. It also helps in improving sleep. All these lead to a healthier and longer life.
- Controls weight
Exercise helps in controlling weight. Calories that you take everyday are burnt by physical activity. The more you work, the more calories you are likely to burn. If you don’t have enough time for actual workouts, you can practice simple physical activities like engaging yourself in household chores, walking, climbing stairs instead of taking elevators, etc.
- Protects from many diseases and health problems
Exercise helps in smooth circulation of blood, thereby decreasing risk of heart disease. Many health problems can be managed by physical exercise that includes diabetes, stroke, metabolic syndrome, depression, some cancers, stroke and arthritis. If physical exercise is practiced regularly, blood pressure is reduced in those that have high blood pressure.
- Improves mood
Workout for some minutes at home gym can help in improving mood for those who are stressed out. Physical activity improves brain functions thereby elevating mood and leaving you more relaxed and happy. You will have a better feeling about your appearance when exercising regularly that will make you more confident.
- Boosts energy
Physical activity and regular exercise provides oxygen and various nutrients to the body tissues thereby helping your body’s cardiovascular function work more efficiently. When your heart and lungs are more healthy, you get more energy for performing more work.
- Helps with arthritis
Physical activity or regular exercise can help solve problems relating to joints like arthritis. Practicing low or moderate level of aerobic activity like walking helps in improving ability for managing pain and every task. Quality of life is also improved by regular exercise.
Certain types of physical activities
- Aerobic activity: Aerobic activity helps you in breathing harder thereby making heart beat faster. Intensity ranges from low, moderate to vigorous.
- Muscle strengthening activity: Your muscles become stronger by muscle strengthening activity. These activities involve weight lifts and pushups.
- Bone strengthening activities: Bone strengthening activities involve jumping, skipping, hopping, etc. It helps in making the bones stronger.
- Stretching activities: Flexibility and physical stability is enhanced by stretching activities thereby reducing risk of injuries. This involves yoga, dancing, martial arts, etc.