Fast Facts of Fair Field, Illinois
Fair Field is a county seat of Wayne County Illinois, United States. Fair Field is 51 miles NW of Evansville, Indiana and 105 miles E of St. Louis, Missouri.
- According to the 2010, U.S. Census Bureau, the total population of the city was 5,154.
- The dominant race is Hispanics.
- The city has a total area of 4.05 square miles.
- This city is frequently hit by tornadoes and earthquakes.
- Lakes and reservoirs: Old Fair Field Reservoir.
- Fair Field gets 42 inches of rainfall per year and snowfall is 14 inches.
- On an average there are 200 sunny days per year in Fair Field, Illinois.
- Around 90 degrees is the highest temperature in July and 23 degrees is the lowest temperature in January.
History & Culture
- Fair Field was the hometown of the notorious Shelters Brothers Gang, Kenneth Michael Kay, who was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for his Contribution in the Vietnam War.
- This city was incorporated in 26 February 1884.
- Cultural festivals and events: Fair Field offers special events throughout the year but the annual highlights include the Annual Bluegrass, Bar-B-Q Festival, Independence day Fireworks display, Fall Fun Fest and many more.
- The employment rate (recent and future job growth) of Fair Field city is 0.12% and 32.14%.
- Per capita Income of the city is $ 21,686.
- Cost of living index (March 2012) is 76.7 which is lower than the U.S average (100).
- Most common industries of Fair Field people working in are Manufacturing, Construction, Retail Trade, Healthcare and Social Assistance, etc.
- This city is famous for being the hometown of the Shelton brothers Gang, notorious Rum-running who failed in defeating the Harrisburg, Illinois.
- Tourist attractions: Lakeside Park, Southwest Park, Leo F French Memorial Park, Hanna House Museum, Cedar Hurst center for the arts, Wayne County Fairgrounds.
Few Quick Facts You Need To Know When You Are Traveling To This City:
- Common modes of transportation include carpool, bus, by walk, drove a car alone, and others.
- Zip codes: 62837.
- Fair Field Violent Crime Rate is 5 on a scale from (1 to 10) (here 1 is lower). It is composed of offenses like murder and non-negligent manslaughter, rapes, robbery. Property crime rate is 4 which include offenses like theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson.
- Railway stations: Amtrak station, Centralia.
- Airport: Fair Field Municipal Airport, Dozier Airport.
- Nearest cities and towns: Jefferson ville, Golden Gate, Mill Shoals, Sims, Cisne, Wayne City.
- There are good number of hotels and motels in the city (some are fire proof) which provide hygienic food and convenient lodging.
- Visitors guidelines- Since Fair Field comes under a United States, the people who visits to this place should follow the local rules and regulations otherwise it can create a severe situation where you cannot come out from the police custody.