The city is located on a board basin in southern California. It is most populous city in California, which is surrounded by vast mountain ranges, forests, valleys; it is nearby desert and the Pacific Ocean. In terms of population, it is the second largest city in United States.
- Total population: According to 2010 Census the population of Los Angeles city are 3,792,621
- Dominants: Whites
- Languages spoken: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, etc.
- Total area coverage: According to 2010 census, total land area is 468.67 square miles
- Natural Disasters: earthquakes
- It is close to North Pacific Ocean
- General Climate: mostly there are sunny days and rainy days.
- The best time to visit the city is from March to May and also from September to November. At this time the weather is less muggy and the temperature remains average in the 60s and 70s; so the visitors can walk around and visit all the outdoor attractions.
History & Culture
- When the Gaspar de Portola and a group of missionaries camped on Los Angeles River, it was first explored by Europeans in 1769.
- In 1846, during the war between Mexico and United States, it was occupied by the American garrison, but the citizens drove the fifty man-brigade out of town. When the war ended the city added to the American territory.
- It is a home for more festivals than any other US cities, with parades and special event happening from January to December. Many of the festivals expose you with music, dance, film, literature, theater etc.
- House hold median income for county of Los Angeles 46.0%
- Cost of living Index for county of Los Angeles 131.7
- Employment rate: 4,268.9 as per July 2012
- Most Common Industries: Los Angeles Manufacturing Company is a big manufacturing company in Los Angeles California.
- It is famous as the center of the world’s television, motion picture, and recording industry.
- Tourist places: Venice Beach, Disney Land, Catalina Islands, Griffith Park observations, Los Angeles public library, Getty center
- Quick facts you need to know when you are traveling to this city
- Common mode of transport: Bus, Car, Train. Bicycle, Plane, Bike etc.
- Zip code: 90001, 90002, 90008, 90023, 90025 etc.
- Nearest Airport: Los Angeles International Airport and Bob Hope Airport
- Nearest Station: Amtrak
- Major Cities: Glendale, East Los Angeles, Bell, Cudahy, Huntington Park, West Hollywood, Maywood etc.
- Nearest Hotels, motels, lodging: Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens, Cecil Hotel, Miyako Hotel Los Angeles, Hilton Checkers, etc.