It is a town in Guiltfort, Liberty and Washington townships, Hendricks County, Indiana, United States. The town slogan is “A Community of Values” the values are much important to the people of Plainfield such as honesty, truth, integrity, and justice. The town of a Plainfield is a community conveniently located on the southwest side of metropolitan Indianapolis. The City of Indianapolis is the state capitol and serves as the governmental and cultural center for Indiana.
- Population: As per 2010 census the population of the town is 27,631
- Dominant: Whites
- Languages spoken: English, Spanish, German, etc.
- Total area coverage: 22.28
- It is near to Lake Michigan, Ohio River etc.
- General Climate: mostly sunny days
History & Culture
- A track of land that is known as Plainfield, which was obtained by Jeremiah Hadley of Preble country Ohio in 1822.
- Ten years later he sold it to his son, Elias Hadley. Then in 1839 Levi Jessep and Elias Hadley laid out the town, in the same year the Plainfield became incorporated as a town. The incorporated charter was given up because of unsuccessful attempts at town government.
- Again on June 25 1904 the Plainfield was incorporated as town. Over the years the town has associated with the Quarters and long been associated with the national road of U.S, 40, which goes through the town has Main Street.
- Then throughout the 20th century the town has continued to grow steadily.
- Income: As per 2009 statistics, the per capita income is $54,402
- Cost of living Index: 98
- Employment rate: 92.6
- Most Common Industries: Agriculture, manufacturing, mining, steel making
- Tourist places: Splash Islands, Indy Indoor Sports Park, Plainfield Skate park, Plainfield Indiana, Black Swan Brewpub, Birch Plain Golf Course and Driving Range etc.
Few quick facts you need to know when you are traveling to this city:
- Common mode of transport: Bus, Vanpooling, car, train and airlines
- Zip code: 46168
- Nearest Airport: Indianapolis International Airport and Indianapolis Executive Airport
- Nearest Station: Amtrak
- Major Cities: Mooresville, Greenwood, Lebanon, Brownsburg, Zionsville, Carmel.
- Nearest Hotels, motels, lodging: Oakwood at central park metropo, Baymont Indianapolis, super 8 Plainfield Indianapolis.