Van Nuys is located in the San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles county and city, of California State.
- According to reports of “The Los Angeles Time’s” mapping L.A project 2009, Van Nuys neighborhood statistics, the population is 103,770.
- Hispanics constitute great chunk of the population.
- The city has a total area of 8.763 miles.
- Valleys are San Fernando Valley.
- Van Nuys (Zip 91406) gets 16 inches rain fall per year, snowfall is 0 inches, and number of days with any measurable precipitation is 28. On average there are 286 sunny days per year in Van Nuys.
- 93 degree Fahrenheit is the highest temperature in July and 43 degree Fahrenheit is the lowest in January.
- Comfort index, which is based on humidity during the hot months, is a 45 out of 100, where higher is more comfortable.
History and Culture
- It was named by one of the early settlers; Isaac Van Nuys who was a Dutch-descent purchased most of the southern San Fernando Valley.
- Israel’s Independence Day festival will held in Van Nuys near Woodley Ave Park, Woodley Ave and Victory Blvd.
- For Van Nuys (Zip 91406), per capita income is $20,071.
- Cost of living index is 134.80 which is higher than the U.S average.
- Most common industries and occupations in this city are service occupations, construction and maintenance, business and sales.
- It is famous for Van Nuys Boulevard, a major north-south thoroughfare where teenagers congregated and went for “cruising”.
- Many calls San Fernando Valley as a America’s suburb.
- Some of the tourist attractions nearer or in Van Nuys are Japanese Garden, Sepulveda Dam, Busch Gardens, Van Nuys Recreation area and many more.
Few Quick Facts You Need To Know When You Are Traveling To This City
- Common modes of transportation in this city include auto, carpool, mass transit and others.
- Closest airport with commercial airline service is Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, and Van Nuys Airport is located in Van Nuys.
- Nearest railway stations nearer to Van Nuys are (Van Nuys metro link station, Amtrak Station) and major cities are Glendale, Los Angeles, Santa Ana, Long Beach and many more.
- Standard zip codes are 91401, 91405, 91406, and 91411.
- Van Nuys (Zip code: 91406) violent crime rate is 7 on a scale from (1 to 10) where 1 is low. It is composed of four offenses murder and non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. Whereas property crime rate is 4 on a scale of (1 to 10).
- There are many hotels and motels which provide or offer good services for the visitors who came for lodging.
- Guidelines for visitors: The cops in Los Angeles are very strict, especially when enforcing traffic regulations. So, you should extremely respect their law in order to not getting into any problem. Wearing seat belt is mandatory while driving in Los Angeles County. And also there is a legal age of drinking liquor.