Barcodes are being used in various industries. It is necessary to read barcodes in a quick and effective way in the current fast paced world. As a result there has been an advance in technology used by barcode scanners. Laser scanners are one of them using laser technology. Symbol scanners, HP Laser scanners and others are some of the common laser scanners used by various industries. Some of the advantages of laser scanners are listed here.
- When compared to other types, laser scanners are very efficient in performing up to 500 scans per second.
- These scanners are accurate and fast and are 50 times faster and 10,000 times more accurate when compared to manual entry.
- Bright and sharp laser beams are used by them and provide precise reading. Barcodes can be read by them even in bright light.
- One of the most important advantages of laser barcode readers are that they can read barcodes from a distance of 30 feet.
- High density scanning is possible through laser scanners. So they can be used to scan very small barcodes present on electronic components.
Based on the range of distance that they can scan a barcode, they are classified as standard, long-range and extra long-range scanners. Standard scanners are those which can scan a barcode which is 6 to 24 inches away. Long-range and extra-long range scanners can read barcodes of 2 to 8 feet, and 30 feet distances respectively. Symbol scanners provide various models of laser scanners. Due to these many advantages, they are used in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, warehouses, education, retail,shipping and others.