The importance of proper maintenance of your car can never be overstated. For, it is only when you take proper care of the vehicle that the risk of sudden repairs involving huge costs gets reduced. First and foremost, you should never deviate from the service schedule specified by the manufacturer.
Undoubtedly, when you stick to the service plan, your automobile would never have any unexpected problems. However, it’s essential that you are educated about a few specific vital car maintenance tips.
- Perhaps the most salient of all related guidelines is the one that stipulates you to change the fluids of a car at a prescribed frequency. This is a definite preventive measure against the accumulation of damaging substances, which gravely impact the automobile. On the positive side, when you scrupulously follow this point, your car will be a fuel-efficient one that loyally serves you for a very long time.
- Equally relevant is the aspect that you invariably need to go with only those varieties of oils that the concerned manufacturer specifies. If you choose to ignore this, you run the same risk as mentioned in the preceding tip.
- As far as possible, avoid things like over speeding and harsh braking. If you cannot do so, then at least ensure that the frequency of getting the car serviced is more than that suggested by the seller. Regularly examine your brake parts and observe if the braking system is working properly.
- Make sure that the tire pressure is consistently at the appropriate level. This easy-to-follow guideline goes a long way in assuring you of both enhanced longevity of tires and also the consumption of a lesser amount of fuel. Along with that, the vehicle is going to be free of problems related to balancing & alignment.
- Prompt replacement of chains and timing belts, as instructed by the manufacturer, is another vital facet towards which you should not be indifferent. Never forget that these are the components that keep various elements of the engine together.
There is no denying the fact that the prices of the chains & belts are high. But if you allow that to deter you from going ahead with replacement, the same will lead to major repairs of the engine. And here, the ensuing costs will end-up being severely burdensome on your financial resources. Also, safety features like lights, brakes and air bags should be maintained in good condition.
- The user manual that you get while buying the automobile has to be considered as the bible, with respect to car maintenance. Remember, this is a booklet penned down by experts involved in the design and manufacture of the vehicle. So, each and every word found in the manual is extremely precious!
- A major chunk of modern-day cars comes equipped with the feature of alert messages on the dashboard and covers several technical aspects of the automobile. You only have to refer to the user manual to understand the precise meaning of each of these messages.
- If you are not keen on having the car serviced by an authorized dealer of the manufacturer, by all means, you can opt for an independent workshop. But, please note that sufficient caution has to be exercised. If the garage in question is not trustworthy, it is as good as wasting your hard-earned money. In this connection, you can seek the word of mouth opinion as well as other feedback about the garage.
The above tips are the significant car maintenance tips that may be helpful for you. All that you have to do is to adhere to these aspects and your automobile can avoid commonly encountered serious issues.