Fast Facts Of Solana Beach
Solana Beach is an affluent city in San Diego County, California, U. S. The city lies within San Diego metropolitan area. The beach is excellent and famous for relaxing, swimming or indulging in water sports.
The city hosts recreational programs and activities throughout the year. There are several parks as well as facilities for playing many games or sports. The arts district Cedros is indeed worth a visit and Belly Up Tavern guarantees an entertaining nightlife.
- Until 1923, the area of Solana beach originally known as Lockwood Mesa. In 1886, George H. Jones came and settled here.
- When Lake Hodges Dam was built in 1917-18, the surrounding area of the Solana Beach began to develop rapidly.
- In 1922, Colonel Ed Fletcher, a community leader purchased 140 acres from farmer George H. Jones to develop the town of Solana Beach.
- In 1986 the community officially incorporated Solana Beach as a city.
- Some of the towns near Solana Beach are Eden Gardens, Del Mar, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, Del Mar Heights, Olivenhain, Rancho Santa Fe, Green Valley Mobile Estates, Park Encinitas Trailer Park,
- North Rios Neighborhood, Neighborhood Tech Support, U-Haul Neighborhood Dealer, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market, Torrey Hills Neighborhood Park, Neighborhood House Association, Apple bee’s Neighborhood Grill, Mira Mesa and many more.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Solana Beach city had a population of 12,867.
- About 77.3% of population is white alone, 15.9% are Hispanic, 3.9% are Asian alone, 0.4% is from black alone, 0.2% are from American Indian alone, 1.9% from two or more races, 0.1% are Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone and 0.2% are from other races.
- Solana Beach public schools spend $6,875 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $5,678.
- The unemployment rate in Solana Beach is 10.20 percent (U.S. avg. is 9.10%). Recent job growth is Positive. Solana Beach jobs have increased by 0.13 percent.
Geography and Climate:
- Most of the year, Solana Beach is warm and sunny with temperatures averaging 62 degrees in the wintertime, and 77 degrees in the summertime, and the average annual rainfall is a mere ten inches per year.
- According to the United States Census, the city has a total area of 3.6 square miles. To the west of the city, the Pacific Ocean, the community of Cardiff-by-the-Sea to the north, and the City of Del Mar to the south.
Susan street fine art gallery, Solana beach visitors center, divine gallery, Aardvark Safaris Incorporated, A Panorama Balloon Tours, Free flight, Belly Up Tavern, Moonlight State Beach , Sky-surfer Balloon Company, Lux Art Institute are some of the tourist attractions in Solana Beach city.