Fast Facts of Valencia
Valencia is an afluent planned community located in the city of Santa Clarita, California and Los Angeles county, California, U.S. in the NW corner of the Santa Clarita Valley, Adjacent to Interstate 5. In 1987, it was one of the four unincorporated communities (along with Saugus, Newhall, and Canyon Country) that merged to create the city of Santa Clarita, California.
- As per 2008 census, the total population of the city was 148,456
- Hispanics are a majority in the population
- Valencia gets 17 inches of annual rainfall. Snowfall is 0 inches. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is 30. On an average, 282 sunny days per year. 94 degrees is the high temperature in July and 36 is the low in January.
- Comfort index based on humidity during the hot months is a 29 out of 100, where higher is more comfortable.
History & Culture
- This community was first planned by the Newhall Land and Farming Company in 1960s. Development began in the 1960s and continues to the present day.
- Some of the festivals held in or nearer to Valencia: Santa Clarita Cowboy Festival in Spring celebrates the culture and history of the west. Later year, the Hart of the West Pow Wow celebrates history and culture from the Native American Indian point of view. In the summer, the city provides free Concerts in the Parks. And in the fall brings, International Family Film Festival, while in winter, a Lighted Boat Parade at Castaic Lagoon.
- Per capita income of the city is $48,172.
- Cost of living index is 191.10 which is higher than the U.S average (100).
- Known for its paseos – paths winding through the community.
- Valencia is famous for its landscaped boulevards connecting a mix of apartment buildings, shopping centers, office parks and industrial warehouses.
- The city is family-oriented with schools consistently ranking in the top 10% in California and also it has been recognized as one of the safest cities of its size.
- Tourist attractions in or nearer to this city are Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center, Scooter’s Jungle, Puzzle Zoo Valencia and many more.
Few Quick Facts You Need To Know When You Are Traveling To This City
- Most people commute through auto, carpool, mass transit.
- Zip codes: 91354, 91355, 91380, 91381, 91385.
- Valencia’s violent crime, on a scale from 1 (low crime) to 10, is 1. It is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.
- Valencia’s based on property crime, on a scale(1 to 10) is 2. Property crime includes the offenses of burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson.
- Nearest railway Stations are(Amtrak, Via Princessa Metrolink Station,Sylmar metrolink station )and nearest major cities are(Brandeis, Castaic, Canyon country, Porter Ranch and many more). Nearest airport is Burbank Airport.
- There are good number of fire-safe hotels and motels in the city, which provide hygienic food and convenient lodging.
- Guidelines to visitors: Please give space while talking and standing. Before going to that place know some rules and regulations of the city. Please maintain hygiene habits on the public places. Never irritate and target anyone to fight.