In order to maintain the required amounts of nutritional elements like vitamins and minerals, many people consider taking vitamin or mineral supplements. Vitamin B complex is one such essential nutrient supplement required to ensure normal functioning of the body. Vitamin B complex is nothing but a combination of different types of vitamin B and promotes various health benefits. Here are some of the major health benefits of vitamin B complex.
- Energy production is one of the primary benefits of vitamin B complex. It enhances the production of energy by converting carbohydrates into glucose. This glucose is converted to energy at the cellular level by the aid of different kinds of vitamin B including vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6 and biotin. Any deficiency of these vitamins may lead to decreased energy production and fatigue.
- Vitamin B complex also aids in digestion by producing hydrochloric acid which is very much essential for the digestion. Vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B6 are vital for good digestion. Taking in vitamin B complex supplements avoids any kind of deficiencies related to impaired digestion.
- This perfect combination of various types of vitamin B ensures healthy skin, hair and nails. Constant growth and renewal is often associated with skin, hair and nails. This is promoted by the repetitive cell division that includes DNA and RNA synthesis. Vitamins including B1, B2, B3, B5, B9, B12 and biotin are essential for promoting this. Any deficiency of these may result in acne, wrinkles, hair fall, splitting nails, weak hair, dermatitis, gray skin and so on. Vitamin B complex puts an end to all these deficiencies.
- Efficient functioning of the nervous system is one of the other major health benefits provided by vitamin B complex. This is because it aids in production of various hormones and nerve regulating materials that impart the regular and healthy function of the nervous system.
- Vitamin B complex also reduces stress levels including the irritability, and lower the depressed feelings.
It is because of these multiple health benefits that it is recommended to have vitamin B complex supplements along with your diet daily.