The main objective of every website is to rank top on the search engines. This is possible when the people search for your website with the related keywords. Basically you should know the factors, which influences the search engine ranking, so that you can focus your efforts on them.
There are two main factors that influence your website in search engine rankings. They are on-page factors and off-page factors. The on-page factor influences directly on your website and are hosted on server such as, content, Meta tags and header tags. While the off-page factors encompasses things that affects outside the website and influences your rankings such as, link popularity.
Things you can do to improve search engines rankings
Good content, Page titles and Meta tags are the three major factors to increase your website ranking on search engine results pages. Beside these 3 things there are few other things that can improve your rankings. They are:
- Use Target Keywords in the Content: Find the keywords that users frequently type in the search engines to find their sites. Get these target keywords in the content of your pages, in titles, in tag descriptions and at all the places where they make sense in real sentences.
- Get High Value Links: The efficient way to determine High Value Links is to install Google Toolbar and use the Google’s Page Rank to determine link value. This is because if there is more High Value Links it can lead to better search engine popularity. It is better to have few high quality linking than the than many irrelevant links.
- Relevant Value Added Content: Append the appropriate value added content for your website. This includes articles, blogs, news, and relevant tools to your business or industry. If your site has 100 pages of good quality content then there is a possibility of ranking top, than the site that has only 10 pages.
- Create A Site Map: The major search engines like, Google, Yahoo have their standards for website rankings. It enables your visitors and search engines to navigate your website.
- Use More Text Than Images: To display all the essential names, content, or links use more text than images. Search Engines do not recognize text contained in images or flash content. If there is a need to use images, then always use the Alt tag to describe the link.
- Revisit Keywords On Regular Basis: There are several ways to search for the similar text and the search patterns vary frequently. You have to use the keywords according to those changes.
- Submit Site To Directories: These directories include Yahoo and DMOZ. DMOZ is the Open Directory Project and is used to power thousands of sites and directories. If your site is included in this directory it gets you links to 1000’s of other sites.
This information suggests the ways to improve the rankings of your websites at search engine results page. Besides these, you may also require some other suggestions, depending on your need.